Looking to buy my first supercar | McLarenChat
News

Looking to buy my first supercar

Discussion in 'Sport Series (570S, 540C, 570GT, 600LT)' started by Real Talk With Matt, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Real Talk With Matt

Nov 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Matt Holden
    So looking to purchase my first superCar. I’m so torn between the 570gt or the Audi R8 plus. Both are great looking. But the 570 is a little more and according to everyone has issues. It’s not my daily but I don’t want tons of issues. Both are use 570 has 2309 miles and 14 months on warranty the Audi had 23 months and 7054 miles. Both 2017s

2. Ingenere

Ingenere Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Keep in mind that only the complainers post their problems. The vast majority just drive and enjoy their cars. I am coming up on 2 years with 570 and zero issues, it actually looks like an exotic, I rarely see another one and pretty much nothing can keep up with it on the road or track.

Drive them both and buy the one you want. For me...... I'd rather take public transport than an R8! :)

vincep99 likes this.
  3. Night life

Night life Rookie
    Premium Subscribed Owner

Dec 1, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto Giannini
    R8 are amazing cars and look great, until a Mclaren shows up and makes it disappear ;), don't consider R8 as an exotic, more in the realm of Porsche/Maserati.

If this is your first exotic then buy an exotic that makes ppl heads turn :)

slm likes this.
  4. vincep99

vincep99 Rookie
    Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Ingenere is 100% correct, only whiners post.

5. JOEA2

JOEA2 Rookie
    Subscribed

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I have an R8 and a 720 Spider. The R8 is a great car, but dull. You could never say that about the 720.

Joe

6. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Rookie

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Buddy of mine had a driveway party the other day. No R8's but we had some Ferrari's, Vipers, MB GTr's etc…. The McLarens stole the show. I love this damn car and once you drive the hell outta one, you will too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Robb

Robb Rookie
    Lifetime Premium

Feb 28, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Robb Williamson
    I will get around to taking one out at some point - likely a 570s

Was in an Mp4-12C and that blew my mind on how good it was. Just the potential Maint costs are worrisome. And I'm not paying 5k a year for a warranty.

Robb

8. slm

slm Rookie
    Premium Subscribed Owner

Dec 5, 2004
    Ozark Americana
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I had a 12c early on. Still one of my favorites that I have owned. Got rid of it as the dealer network was not very good or helpful at the time. Been through Porsche’s and Ferrari’s since. I just traded my 488 for a 600LT spider and I could not be more pleased. I love this car. Fit and finis is good. I personally love the styling. Performance and handling are amazing. The car is very light and feels it. The car feels very special to drive.

I have to say the McLaren Philladelphia and McLaren dallas have been incredibly helpful in my transition. I’m a convert.

Robb, I think the maintenance issues have been a bit overblown by some. I think the majority of owners will say the cars are pretty reliable.

Robb likes this.